5 Tips on Choosing the Best Access Control System for Your Business
Access control systems help keep your organisation in control of your guests and customers. We stock turnstile systems, entrance and exit barriers, partitions and access control systems, that have been designed and manufactured to perfection.
In partnership with Wanzl, we distribute systems that have been used throughout the world in various retail environments. Access control systems are important for various reasons. Not only do they prevent customers from exiting the shop with unpaid products, they provide valuable data that can be analysed and used to inform decision making.
Previously, we published Which Company Supplies the Best Electronic eGate System. We shared with our readers the key features of our eGate systems. In this blog, we provide you with 5 tips for help you choose the best access control system for your business.
1. Assess Your Needs And Requirements
To reap the benefits of access control systems, you will need to understand your organisation’s needs and requirements. You might consider consulting with members from your organisation or hiring a third-party consultant to conduct an assessment. Prior to making the investment, consider the following.
- Access control systems need to have purpose. What purpose will the access control system serve and how do you want your customers to enter and exit your business?
- Access control systems can manage patronage, deliverable valuable data insights and be used for other purposes that can be tailored to your requirements. What additional information would you like to receive from your access control system?
- Consider the layout of your business. Where will you place the access control system and how will that enhance your operations and the customer’s experience?
- Access control systems need to fit in with the rest of the business. Will you need railing and other partitions to make it effective?
2. Key Features You Should Consider
Effective access control systems should be functional, durable and reliable. Not only should they exist to discourage shoplifting, manage the inflow of customers and provide security to your business, access control systems should enable an efficient shopping experience for your customers.
Here are some features of the types of access control systems we stock.
- We stock turnstiles with manual or motor-driven functions.
- We stock entrance and exit barriers with inward/outward opening features, self-locking mechanisms to ensure single direction movement and fully automatic sensors and radars.
- We stock complementing railing and partitioning to suit your new access control system.
- We stock revolutionary and intelligent eGate.
3. Manage Customer Expectations
You understand your business best and you know what is right for your business. Once you have assessed your needs and requirements, and you have considered the key features of access controls systems, you will need to evaluate your customers’ expectations. You do not want to create a process that is tedious and ineffective.
4. Choose Wisely
Our access control systems can be built according to your design requirements and specifications. Since different access control systems and technologies serve different purpose, it is important that you do your research, consult widely and speak to one of our expert technicians if you have any queries.
5. Consider The Long-Term
Access controls systems are an investment. Do not forget to consider the longer term. Your goals and objectives need to be at the forefront of your mind so that you choose a system that is most appropriate. If you are planning to expand your business, consider how you might position your system and what information you might wish to have from the system.
If you need leading access control systems, look no further than Brice Australia. Having served Australia’s retail industry since 1939, we understand what business owners need. Our products do more than simply managing patronage and access. They can provide valuable insights which will enhance your business. For leading technological solutions, contact Brice Australia on 1300 664 880 or browse the website to learn more.
Thinking about acquiring the best access control system? What do you like about our eGate systems? Share your comments below.